The Chinese Dance Club engages professional dance instructors to coach the dancers.
1) To develop leadership skills and acquire positive values like team spirit, graciousness, perseverance, self-discipline and commitment.
2) To learn the fundamental skills of Chinese Dance anddevelop grace, flexibility, balance and co-ordination.
3) To provide opportunities to perform in school events and competitions.
Our Chinese Dancers will be given opportunities to watch dance performances put up by external organisations tobroaden their horizons. Theyalso have the opportunities to put up performances in various school events, public performances and competitions. They had participated in the biennial Singapore Youth Festival (SYF) Central Judging (Chinese Dance) 2014 and had done our school proud by clinching the Certificate of Distintion.
Essential skills to be taught:
Dance techniques for efficient movement execution and expressive performance.
There will be extra dance practices of 1.5 hours
if we need to prepare for competitions and performances.
Performances, Competitions and Past Achievements
Our Chinese Dancers have the opportunities to put up performances in various school events, public performances and competitions.
Certificate of Accomplishment in SYF Arts Presentation 2016
Certificate of Distinction in SYF Arts Presentation 2014
Silver Award in SYF Central Judging (Chinese Dance )2012
- Teck Ghee Vista Opening
- Welcome Party for Teck Ghee Vista
- National Day Observance Ceremony